Salmon & Sweet Potato Canned Dog Food
Product available in 5.5 oz and 13.2 oz cans
We start with wild-caught Alaskan salmon as the #1 ingredient. Our recipes are made with a precise blend of natural ingredients, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals expressly blended for optimal nutrition.
#1 Ingredient is Wild-Caught Alaskan Salmon
MSC Certified Sustainable Seafood
Limited Ingredient Diet – No Poultry
Grain Free Recipe
100% Balanced Nutrition, with Added Vitamins, Minerals and Other Trace Nutrients
No Artificial Preservatives, Colors or Flavors
No Corn, Wheat or Soy Recipe
Product Prepared in the USA
Certified Sustainable Wild-Caught Alaskan Salmon
We guarantee that the natural wild-caught salmon contained in each and every Tender & True Premium Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe pet product has been certified sustainable seafood by the Marine Stewardship Council, a third-party organization. Their mission is to use their ecolabel and fishery certification program to contribute to the health of the world’s oceans by recognizing and rewarding sustainable fishing practices, influencing the choices people make when buying seafood, and working with its partners to transform the seafood market to a sustainable basis.
Salmon, Water sufficient for processing, Dried Sweet potato, Dried pea, Salt, Agar-agar, Tricalcium phosphate, Dried fish broth, Magnesium proteinate, Calcium carbonate, Potassium chloride, Choline chloride, Taurine, Ascorbic acid, Vitamin E supplement, Zinc proteinate, Zinc sulfate, Manganous oxide, Manganese proteinate, Inositol, Ferrous sulfate, Niacin, Vitamin B12 supplement, Zinc oxide, Iron proteinate, Thiamine mononitrate, Biotin, Riboflavin supplement, Calcium pantothenate, Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Sodium selenite, Copper sulfate, Vitamin A supplement, Copper proteinate, Citric acid (preservative), Vitamin D3 supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium iodide.
|Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)||Minimum||0.30%|
|Decosahexaeanoic Acid (DHA)||Minimum||0.28%|
*NOT RECOGNIZED AS AN ESSENTIAL NUTRIENT BY THE AAFCO DOG FOOD NUTRIENT PROFILES.
1,200 kcal/kg; 187 kcal/can Metabolizable Energy (calculated) (5.5 oz.)
1,200 kcal/kg; 450 kcal/can Metabolizable Energy (calculated) (13.2 oz.)
Tender and True Salmon and Sweet potato for dogs is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages including growth of large size dogs (70 lb. or more as an adult).
For adult dogs feed 1 1/2 to 3.5 (13.2 oz) cans and 3 2/3 to 8 (5.5 oz) cans per day for each 20 pounds of body weight. For pregnant and nursing mothers and for puppies up to 1 year of age feed up to 2 to 2 ½ times as much as for adults or up to 6 (13.2 oz) cans per day. The amount of food your dog requires will depend on activity, age, environment, breeding status, and breed. Feed at room temperature and refrigerate unused portion in a sealed container. Remember to always keep fresh, clean drinking water available for your dog.
- Feed pregnant dogs up to 50% more during the last 3 weeks of pregnancy.
- Puppies less than 6 months old and lactating females require twice the amount of food as an adult dog and should be fed 3–4 times a day.
- Puppies six months to a year should be fed twice daily.
- Senior and overweight dogs may be fed a reduced amount, depending on dog’s weight and activity level.
FRESH WATER: Be sure to have a clean bowl of cool, fresh water available at all times.
- Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- New to this food? Please transition your pet.
- When changing to Tender & True Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Dog Food, some dogs may do better by making a gradual transition over 7 to 10 days. Start with 25% of the new food mixed with 75% of the previous diet, and gradually increase the new while decreasing the previous until the transition is complete.